This policy governs the handling of all personal information by Copia.
- What personal information does Copia collect?
If you have a relationship with Copia, it will collect, use and store any personal information you provide or that Copia gathers through your use of the Copia website. Copia may gather personal information from third parties, including, but not limited to, financial advisers, fund managers or other financial intermediaries. If a third party provides Copia with your personal information, we assume you have provided your consent to that third party. If you have any enquiries about Copia obtaining personal information from a third party, you should approach the relevant third party.
The personal information you provide allows Copia to identify you and ascertain any other information that we require to enable Copia to provide financial products and services. If you do not provide the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with the required services.
- How will Copia use your personal information?
Copia will take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In most circumstances, your personal information will be used to:
- provide you with a financial or related service
- monitor the quality of the service that we provide to you
- improve, enhance and further our services
- offer you further services, which may include using your information for marketing purposes, or
- comply with regulatory or legal requirements. These laws and regulations include, but are not limited to, the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), the Proceeds of Crime Act (1987) and the Financial Transaction Reports Act 1988.
In providing you with services, Copia will share your personal information with third party administration and custody services providers. These providers are prohibited from using your personal information other than to honour their contractual obligations with Copia.
- Storage of your personal information
Your personal information will be stored in a secure environment in writing, electronically or both. You may obtain further details by contacting our Privacy Officer.
- Access to your personal information
If you want to know exactly what personal information Copia holds about you, you may view this information by contacting our Privacy Officer:
|P||+61 3 9602 3199|
We may charge a reasonable fee for access to this information. If you note that any information held by Copia is outdated, incorrect or incomplete, you may ask Copia to update its records. You may also contact the Privacy Officer if you have any questions regarding our compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or if you want to make a complaint about the handling of your personal information.
- Disclosure of personal information
You acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be disclosed to any of the following:
- Any regulatory body that governs the conduct of Copia including, but not limited to, the Australian Securities & Investment Commission.
- Under the Anti- Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, Copia may be required to provide information to the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre.
- Related bodies corporate of Copia whether in Australia or any overseas jurisdiction.
- A third party supplying a service to Copia.
- Copia website